This adorable turtle was hiding in a closet in my husband’s great grandparents’ house.
I first saw it on a family reunion trip and knew it had great potential. I was lucky to receive it on a subsequent visit. The paint was in great shape, it just needed a new shell!
I found the perfect fabric, “green / wall flower” by Amy Butler, which looked like it belonged on a turtle’s back! I removed the old fabric by prying out the staples with a screw driver. I then attached the new fabric by stapling it to the underside of the turtle with my trusty staple gun.
To give it a more finished look, I pounded new upholstery tacks tightly around the base of the turtle shell.